If you opt to become a member then you additionally agree to the specific terms and conditions of membership set forth herein.
Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
The term Site refers to the entirety and all parts individually of the Practical Politicking website located at https://practicalpoliticking.com. The term Practical Politicking or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to Practical Politicking, LLC, and all its owners, associated agents, authors, editors and other personnel. The term ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the member, user or viewer of the website.
We reserve the right at any time to:
- Change these Terms and Conditions
- Change the Site, including eliminating or discontinuing any content on, or feature of, the Site
- Change any fees or charges for use of the Site
Any changes we make will be effective automatically seven (7) days after posting such changes on the Site. Your continued use of the Site following such changes will be deemed acceptance of such changes. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of these Terms and Conditions.
By, and when, using the Site you agree to the following:
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such occurrences.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the Copyright Notice, which forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
By, and when, using the Site you agree to not do any of the following:
- Restrict or inhibit any other visitor or member from using the website, including, without limitation, by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion of the website.
- Use the website or your membership for any unlawful purpose.
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent.
- Transmit (a) any content or information that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes our or any third party’s intellectual property or other rights; (b) any material, non-public information about companies without the authorization to do so; (c) any trade secret of any third party; or (d) any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by us).
- Engage in spamming or flooding.
- Transmit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects, date bombs, time bombs or other items of a destructive nature.
- Modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the website or any software.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the website.
- “Frame” or “mirror” any part of the website without our prior written authorization.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the website or its contents; or harvest or collect information about website visitors or members without their express consent.
By, and when, using the Site you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations; and further acknowledge and agree to the following:
- The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on the website (collectively the “Trademarks”) are the registered and unregistered trademarks of Practical Politicking, its licensors and suppliers, and others. The Trademarks owned by us, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not ours, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion with users, or in any manner that disparages us. Nothing contained on the website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark without the express written permission from us, our licensors or suppliers, or the third party owner of any such Trademark. Misuse of any Trademarks is prohibited, and we will aggressively enforce our intellectual property rights in such Trademarks, including via civil and criminal proceedings.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our affiliates, licensors, suppliers, advertisers and sponsors, and our and their directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and other representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of these Terms and Conditions, including any violation of the items above; (b) any allegation that any materials you submit to us or transmit to the website infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; and/or (c) your activities in connection with the website.
By, and when, using the Site as a member you agree to the following:
- Some areas of the Site may require you to be a member to access. When you register to become a member, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration form (including your email address) and (b) maintain and update your information (including your email address) to keep it accurate, current and complete. You acknowledge that, if any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate your membership and your use of the Site.
- As part of the member registration process, you will be asked to select a password. We may refuse to grant you a password that impersonates someone else, is or may be illegal, is or may be protected by trademark or other proprietary rights law, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or may cause confusion, as determined by us in our sole discretion. You will be responsible for the confidentiality and use of your password and agree not to transfer or resell your use of your access to the Site to any third party. If you have reason to believe that your membership with us is no longer secure, you must immediately notify us of the problem by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR PASSWORD AND FOR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES (INCLUDING PURCHASES, AS APPLICABLE) THAT ARE CONDUCTED THROUGH YOUR MEMBERSHIP.
- As a member you have the right to cancel your membership at any time but you expressly acknowledge and agree that we do not issue credits or refunds for any unused subscription term. You also acknowledge and agree that your membership is automatically renewed (recurring billing) on either a monthly or annual basis, depending on your membership term, and that it is solely your responsibility to cancel, if you so desire, prior to your billing date.
- Additionally, you agree to be governed by the Member Guidelines as they exist now or at any point in time as amended. Further you agree that behavior in any part of the site – commenting on articles or within the forums – not consistent with the guidelines may result in a warning delivered to you via email about such behavior. If you receive a second warning, and persist in behavior inconsistent with the guidelines we, in our sole and unfettered opinion, may deem your membership terminated, lock your account and prevent you from further access to the member areas of the Site. If such termination occurs there will be no refund for any unused portion of your subscription.
- As a member you have the right to add content to the Site by means of comments, forum topics and replies, and, in some cases, having articles written by you published on the Site. You agree that any such content becomes the property of the Site and we have no obligation financially or in any other manner to you for that content. If you submit an article and it is published on the Site our ownership extends only so far as once it is published we are under no responsibility to edit, modify or delete the article whether you are an active member of have cancelled your membership. You are expressly permitted to use the same article elsewhere solely at your discretion and/or may pingback to your article from any other online media.
These Terms and Conditions, and your use of the website, are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Pennsylvania, United States of America, without regards to its principles of conflicts of law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of any State or Federal court located in such a place as we designate, and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions are found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and Conditions, and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
Any heading, caption or section title contained in these Terms and Conditions is inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof.